Halloween is just over one week away and it's one of my favorite holidays. I love the crisp air, taking my kids trick or treating, and cuddling up with the wifey to stream scary flicks on Netflix or Amazon Prime. This time of the year, I always keep my eyes open for Halloween themed apps to load on my smartphone and tablet. These apps can help your entire family get in the mood for Halloween and are worth leaving on your smart devices long after all the trick-or-treat candy is gone.
1. Into The Dead. It's not Halloween without Zombies. In this game, it's you against hoards of zombies just like you were dropped into the world of 'The Walking Dead' Into the Dead puts you right in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The goal is to run as fast as you can. avoiding the undead while earning powerups and weapons along the way. Work your way across this virtual landscape and undead at all costs. It's a great free game, but there are in app purchases for upgrades.
2. Ghost Detector & Radar Tracker. If you love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures, this is the app for you. Download this app and turn your smart device into a ghost detector. This app will help you detect, observe, and interact with spirits. Planning on going ghost hunting for Halloween or anytime of the years, download this app and visit a haunted location or spooky graveyard and see what things you can pick up.
3. Zombies, Run! This app is part game and part fitness app. The idea behind this app is to get you walking or running in the real world by creating an environment in which you are Runner5 trying to survive a zombie apocalypse ... according to the headphones or your device. You are presented with 'missions' that last anywhere to 35 minutes to an hour in which you collect items to survive and try to out run the zombie hoard.
4. Craftsy. Who doesn't love creating their own Halloween costumes, crafts or foods? I know I would make my house look as if it came out of the pages of 'Country Living' if I had more free time. Craftsy allows you to design your own costumes for yourself or your kids, learn how to sew, knit, crochet, cook, and more. The app and website offers a humongous collection of kits and supplies, plenty of project ideas, online classes that will fuel your creative juices allowing you to create any thing you want for Halloween and beyond.
5. Life360. Normally used as a family planning app, you can use the GPS tracking feature to see the real-time location of your children on the map while they are trick or treating. Another thing that makes this app so awesome is you can add ‘zones’ on the map, distinguishing which areas you’ve approved for your kids to trick-or-treat at.
Do you have some awesome apps that you download for Halloween? Drop me a line and let me know.