Have You Been Hacked? 5 Websites That Will Help Find Data Breaches And Keep You Safe
It's October which means it's National Cyber Security Awareness Month. One of the top things you need to beware of in the area of Cyber Security are data breaches. There are numerous data breaches occurring every month and it's hard to keep up. Stealing your information is big business for hackers because they can sell your information to the highest bidder on the dark web. Some of these breaches make national news, others slip by unannounced. The best way to find out if your security has been compromised is to check out data breach detection websites. These websites allow you to search through the latest data to see if any of your personal and sensitive information is at risk and in the hands of scammers and hackers. To help you out, I've picked out the 5 of best for you to use.
1. Breach Alarm. (www.breachalarm.com) This web site allows you to check if your email and passwords for any of your online accounts has been posted online at no charge. This is important because hackers will collect your passwords and emails to see if they can log into any of your online accounts. For a fee, Breach Alarm allows you to sign up for email notifications about future password hacks that can affect you.
2. Have I Been Pwned. (https://haveibeenpwned.com/) What is "pwned"? It's geek speak for "owned" and this website is one of the oldest and most popular websites to go when you need to find out if your email has been part of a data breach. Using the site is very easy. Just type in your email address or account username and the site will search for data breaches that deal with your email accounts. If your email address has bee involved, it's a sign you need to change your passwords for your online accounts immediately.
3. Hacked Emails (https://hacked-emails.com/) This website focuses primarily on checking out your email to see if your email has been part of a database which is very important considering hackers love collecting email addresses in data breaches. Like 'Have I been Pwned", it's a very easy to use website. An added bonus is you can download a Chrome plugin to make searching to see if your email has been involved in a breach much easier.
4. EZShield's Breach Tables (https://www.fightingidentitycrimes.com/) Want to see which companies have been victims of a data breach? Check out this website. A quick click, and you will know all you need to know about which company has been compromise. A helpful tool to use, because sometimes it can be months before breach information is available. Breach Tables will allow you to be proactive keeping you safe from data breach surprises. affected and much more!
5. Sucuri’s Security Scanner (https://sitecheck.sucuri.net) Need a tool to check out if a web site is safe or malicious? Use Sucuri's Security Scanner. This handy tool allows you to check web sites for security vulnerabilities. You can also download the WordPress plugin and a Chrome extension which will automatically scan any website you visit.
If you have any questions about your technology and your devices, please feel free to contact us. Our friendly tech experts at Integral are always standing by to answer your questions and help make your technology useful and fun.
If you enjoyed this story, please recommend and share to help others find it.
Technology Expert Burton Kelso
I'm the Chief Tech Expert at Integral. My job is to find the most interesting and useful topics to write about for our customers and readers. Let me know if there is any topic that you want to hear about.