Get out your sweaters and pie recipes – My favorite time of the year is upon us. Fall is almost here ya'll! The transition from summer to fall means packing up all of your summer, dragging out all of the fall decorations and looking forward to the Holiday Season. It also means taking nature hikes to see the changing foliage, hunting, going to fall festivals to enjoy fall eatables and spending the longer nights catching up on reading. In this day there is truly is an app for everything, including ones that will help you get the most from fall. Here’s my list of 7 apps that will help you get the most from everything to do with fall.
1. AllTrails Some people love to hike in the summer months, but I think fall is the perfect time of year to see nature (I'm not a fan of hot weather). If you're looking to see fall foliage, check out AllTrails. This app has guides for close to 50,000 trails across the United States. You can find a place that's perfect for a quick hike, hunting, fishing or new areas you've always wanted to explore.
2. LeafPeepr. If you enjoy watching the leaves change during the fall and winter months, check out LeafPeepr. This app from Yankee Magazine collects foliage reports from all over to get the information you need to see the best displays of fall colors in your area.
3. BigOven. This cooking app has it all; recipes, meal planning, and a grocery list. You can save your recipes or choose from BigOven's seasonal suggestions that you can use for new fall favorites and Thanksgiving and Christmas favorite.
4. Hitlist. For some people, fall and winter means cuddling up and staying home. For other folks, it's the perfect time to travel. Hitlist is a travel app that has one goal. To help you travel more and spend less. Looking for cheap airfare to your favorite fall destination? This app will get it for you.
5. EventBrite. Looking for cool fall events in your city? Checkout this app which is a one stop shop for all activities going on near you. Doesn't matter if you're looking for festivals, ghost tours, fundraisers, conferences, you name it! It's on EventBrite. If you have a fall event you are hosting or want to list, you can put it on EventBrite.
6. Pocket. Don't you wish there was an app that would allow you to collect all of the cool reading material, web sites and videos you find on the web? Take a look at Pocket. Whenever you come across an interesting article, video or web page you want to view later, save it in Pocket and it will automatically sync across all your devices, so you can view it when you have free time. Pocket allows you have a wealth of reading and viewing material during the long fall and winter nights.
7. iHorror. Fall isn't complete without horror and Halloween. If you like horror flicks like I do, check out iHorror web site and app. It gives you access to past and upcoming horror movies. It's bound to put you in the fall and Halloween spirit.
Is there an app or particular tech gadget that you love using in the fall? Let me know how you get into the spirit of autumn in the comments below!
If you have any questions about your technology and your devices, please feel free to contact us. Our friendly Tech Experts at Integral are always standing by to answer your questions and help you make your technology useful and fun.
If you enjoyed this story, please recommend and share to help others find it!