Ready or not, the new year’s here! The beginning of a new year always presents new challenges and adventures for all of us. Many of us want to be better than we were the year before. Thanks to technology, there are hundreds of apps that are designed to make our lives easy and help us achieve our goals. To help you get off to a great 2018, here are 10 apps I recommend to help you improve your life.
1. LastPass. One best New Year's resolution all of us needs to make is to protect your digital information. LastPass allows you to create complex, multi-character passwords for all of your online accounts and not even have to remember them. It syncs between all of your devices so you can store your login information, credit card numbers, personal identity information, and more.
2. Credit Karma. Credit Karma allows you to look at your credit scores for free. It gives you weekly updates and gives you access to daily credit monitoring. It will also give you tips on how you can improve your credit score and tools to help you keep track of all of your accounts.
3. Coach.me. Coach.me is a coach that goes everywhere with you, helping you achieve any goal, form any habit, or build any expertise. Whatever your goals for 2018 are, Coach.me will help you stay on track with some encouragement. It sets you up with a one-on-one pro for whatever area you're interested in and they will then help you devise a plan of action and check in with you to see how things are going and motivate you along the way. 4. Brightnest. BrightNest helps you tackle important tasks around your house with home tips, a personal scheduler and helpful reminders. From simple cleaning tricks to interior design ideas, this app will help you with everything you need to shape up your home and simplify your life.
6. Curiosity. This app helps you learn new stuff a few minutes a day. You can watch hand-picked videos on five fascinating topics or look at infographics to learn something new in seconds.
7. Mint.com is another fan favorite when it comes to money managing apps. It helps you manage your spending, saving, budget, and earnings, and can even sync to all your accounts, from your 401(k) to IRA to savings accounts.
8. Map My Fitness. When you first start a fitness routine, you always want to keep track of your progress. Thanks to Map My Fitness, tracking your distance is a breeze. This app keeps track of how far you've traveled, and how many calories you've burned during your routine. You can also connect your smart shoes and fitness bands which allows you to keep track of your workout routine in one place.
9. Yummly. This app has a search feature that looks through food blogs to find healthy food choices. You can create shopping lists for each recipe and access or organize them on any device. Yummly will also find recipes that fit your nutritional goals and help you avoid you are allergic to.
10. Libby. If you're looking to read more books this year, Libby will give you access to hundreds of ebooks and audio books that are in your local library. Now there’s no excuse not to keep up with your favorite books.
What apps do you turn to to help you achieve your new years resolution? Drop me a line and let me know. Thank you for reading. Please share this information with everyone.
Check in with Integral on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin , YouTube and Google+ for more tips on helping you get the most out of the technology you use in your home or office.
I'm Burton Kelso and I'm a Kansas City based Tech Expert and the Chief Technology Expert at Integral, providing on-site and remote support for computers, tablets, smartphones, routers, printers, and any device that connects to the internet. I regularly appear as a guest tech correspondent on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS on shows such as Kansas City Live, Better Kansas City, FOX 4 Morning Show, offering viewers easy tips on technology, Internet lifestyle, Internet security and gadgets. You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn , and Twitter and watch great tech tip videos on my YouTube channel. I can be reached at 888-256-0829 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org