7 Ways You Can File Your Personal Taxes Online for Free
Tax time is in full swing! I'm sure you may not agree with all of the tips I share for computers and smart devices, but I know there's one thing all of us can agree on, filing our personal and business taxes is probably one of the most tedious things you have to do every year. You could always hire a tax professional to do your taxes, but not everyone needs to do this. If you have a simple tax return to file, there are several places that will allow you to do it for free ... provided you qualify. Want to see if you can file your taxes for free? Check out the following places.
1. Turbo Tax. Many of you have probably purchased TurboTax to do your taxes, but they also have a free version of their online software.
2. TaxAct. Like Turbo Tax, you can file your federal and state taxes for free. TaxAct lets you import your previous files from other tax software free of charge.
3. TaxSlayer. With this software, you can file and print your return for free and get one free state return at no extra cost. If you run into problems, you can also get email and phone support.
4. Credit Karma. When you think of Credit Karma, you think of free credit check, but now they offer a full line of products including free tax filing including the filing of one state for free.
5. eSmartTax. I bet you didn't know Liberty Tax are the folks behind eSmartTax. Like many of the other free tax options, you will need to file with a simple 1040 form. Also, while many of the other software options offer a free state, eSmartTax charges for states.
6. H&R Block. Their free software offers many options like importing your information from other tax software, the ability to see how much of a refund you'll receive as well as online and phone tech support.
7. IRS Free FiIe. It's hard to believe the IRS has jumped into the game with free filing. To qualify, your income has below $69,000.00. Free File offers free state returns, but you're on your own if you encounter any issues with the software or if you need tech help.
Free tax filing sounds like a dream come true, but it's not designed for everyone. If your tax situation is more complex such as if you own a business, it's worth the expense to hire the services of a tax professional.
Want to ask me a tech question? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to connect with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter and watch great tech tip videos on our YouTube channel. I love technology. I've read all of the manuals and I want to make technology fun and exciting for you.
If you need on-site or remote tech support for your Windows\Macintosh, computers, laptops, Android/Apple smartphone, tablets, printers, routers, smart home devices, and anything that connects to the Internet, please feel free to contact my team at Integral. My team of friendly tech experts are always standing by to answer your questions and help make your technology useful and fun. Reach out to us a www.callintegralnow.com or phone at 888.256.0829.
If you found this post useful, would you mind helping me out by sharing it? Just click one of the handy social media sharing buttons below.